Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- 12 slices day-old bread, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 8-oz cream cheese cut the size of sugar cubes
- 1 16 oz package frozen blueberries, divided
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup honey
- Grease 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Place half bread cubes in the bottom.
- Distribute cream cheese cubes evenly over the bread.
- Top with half of the frozen blueberries, approximately 1 1/2 cups and cover with remaining bread.
- In large bowl whisk together eggs, milk and honey.
- Pour over the bread mixture coating all the bread cubes. Do not stir. Cover and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake covered for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 25-30 minutes until puffed in the middle and golden brown.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- Other half bag frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
In saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Mix well dry so that sauce isn't lumpy. Add water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil, stirring constantly until mixture becomes clear, about 3 minutes. Stir in blueberries and butter. Reduce heat and simmer until blueberries burst, 8-10 minutes. Serve warm over French Toast.