Beer is the lubricant and the cause of and the answer to all of man's problems. It's National Beer Day and I spoke with Johnna French about how to pair beer and food. She suggested bold flavors, including the recipe below!
If you'd like to listen to the segment with Doug and Johnna, just click here! Meanwhile, stop by your local Hy-Vee and grab many bags of your favorite Southern Recipe Small Batch pork rinds!
Southern Recipe Small Batch’s Beer Cheese Dip
●Southern Recipe Small Batch pork rinds of your choice
●2 Tbsp. butter
●1 cup beer of your choice
●1/2 tsp paprika for recipe and garnish
●1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
●1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
●2 oz cream cheese
●2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Combine the butter, beer, paprika and cayenne pepper in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
2. Allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in cream cheese, heavy cream and shredded cheese. Stir until well combined.
4. Return to the stove over low heat and simmer for another 5 minutes stirring frequently.
5. Transfer to a serving dish and top with additional paprika if desired.
6. Serve with Southern Recipe Small Batch Pork Rinds of your choice.
Enjoy National Beer Day!