Two CR Firefighters Injured in Friday Fire

posted by WMT News/KCRG-TV9 - 

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG-TV9) -- The Cedar Rapids Fire Department responded to a house fire at 1639 Hollywood Boulevard NE at 3:07 p.m. Friday.

Authorities arrived and found a fire on the sun porch had extended into the kitchen area of the house.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire but there was fire damage to the sun porch and kitchen, along with heat and smoke damage throughout the house.

Two firefighters were hurt while battling the fire. One was electrocuted and taken to a local hospital for evaluation. The other had shortness of breath.and was taken by ambulance to a local hospital.

No one was home during the fire, but the family of four who lives in the home is displaced.

The Cedar Rapids Fire Department was assisted by Hiawatha Fire-Rescue, Area Ambulance Service, and the Salvation Army.

title

Content Goes Here