A man is hospitalized after being shocked while trying to trim trees in Cedar Rapids over the weekend.
Police say the 22-year old man was on the platform of a portable lift and touched an overhead power line late Saturday afternoon.
KCRG-TV 9 reports the man was able to respond to directions and stayed put until Alliant Energy crews arrived to de-energize the line. Firefighters were then able to rescue the man from the lift.
He was taken to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. There's was no word on his condition.
Alliant Energy says the line was carrying 7,200 volts.
(Photo by KCRG-TV 9)