Iowa Man Thawing Pipes Starts House On Fire


A house in eastern Iowa was heavily damaged by smoke after Linn County authorities say a man tried to thaw out pipes with a torch.

The Sheriff's office tells KCRG-TV 9 they responded to the home in rural Springville about 6:45 p.m. Thursday night.

Deputies say the man left the torch on after thawing the pipes, causing the fire. Everyone who was in the house were able to get out safely.

Close up of fire truck with overhead ladder

Close up of fire truck with overhead ladder

AM 600 WMT - NewsRadio · Cedar Rapids News Talk Sports

Listen Now on iHeartRadio