The City of Cedar Rapids has reduced southbound Edgewood Road to one lane between Ellis Road and Glass Road as the Cedar River begins to crest.
The city says the closure of the lane is for safety and reminds drivers that Highway 100 is open from west of Edgewood Road to Covington Road.
Other road closures due to high river levels are -
• 1st Street NW between I Avenue and Penn Avenue
• Penn Ave NW between O Avenue and Ellis Blvd
• Ely Rd SW between C Street and Old River Road
• Ellis Blvd NW between Ellis Lane and 18th Street
• A Street SW between 17th Avenue and the Compost Facility
• Ellis Rd NW, between Edgewood Road and Covington Road
• Old River Road NW between Ely Road to Big Bend Road
• Otis Road SE between Cargill to Fish Hatchery