IOWA CITY, Iowa -- University of Iowa football fans planning on attending home games this fall at Kinnick Stadium are encouraged to take notice of the following gameday information.
KINNICK EDGE NORTH END ZONE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT:
· Gates H and I are the two main North End Zone (NEZ) Gates; there is also a new North Gate for fans to access. There will be accessible pathways from each gate.
· The NEZ will remain a construction project throughout the season. Each game elements will adjust based on the construction progress.
· ADA seating will be on the main concourse in the loge boxes this season due to construction.
· Evashevski Drive is closed and will be part of the concourse. Portable bathrooms and concessions will be located in this location.
· Elevators will not be operational, but there are four stairwells for fans to access the Club and Upper levels.
· The new North End scoreboard will not be complete until next season, but game and play clocks as well as score, down, and distance will be displayed.
· The Bus Transportation Center will serve as a First Aid and Cooling center for fans located in the NEZ.
· Fans are encouraged to avoid the First Ave. I-80 exit due to construction and rather use the Coral Ridge or Dubuque Street exits off I-80 or the Melrose exit off US-218.
· Construction will impact the Myrtle Street parking lot. Access to the Myrtle Parking Lot during the closure will be available using Benton Street to Greenwood Drive. Riverside Drive will remain open with lane reductions, but will not allow access to Myrtle Lot.
· The Hawkeye Express returns for its 15th season. Fans can park and ride the train to the game for only $15 per rider. All tickets are cash only and there is not a season pass for the train. The train will begin three hours prior to each game, regardless of kickoff time.
· Regular Hawkins, South Hospital Drive, and Melrose gameday closures will continue like years past.
· The clear bag policy will continue in 2018. Fans can bring clear bags of the appropriate size or a clutch (not to exceed 4.5” x 6.5”) to the game.
· Visit footballgameday.hawkeyesports.com for all allowed items, tailgating rules and details for all gameday news and updates.
· Tickets remain for all seven home games, with a limited number of tickets available for the Iowa State, UNI, and Wisconsin games. Tickets to the games, and all-inclusive tailgate packages for Hawkeye Village, can be purchased through the Iowa Athletic Ticket Office at footballgameday.hawkeyesports.com.
· The Hawkeye Tailgate will begin three hours prior to kickoff and host free fan activities, the pregame radio show, large video boards to watch early games, and fun activities for the kids.
· The Hawkeye Tailgate also hosts the Hawk Walk, which welcomes the team to Kinnick Stadium two hours prior to kickoff each game.
· The Hawkeye Marching Band and Iowa Spirit Squads will perform their traditional indoor show at the Hawkeye Indoor Track (formerly the Rec. Building) beginning 75 minutes prior to kickoff, then march to the stadium for pregame.
· Gates will open 90 minutes before kickoff with the Hawkeye Marching Band starting pregame approximately 30 minutes prior to kickoff.