The Iowa Hawkeyes and the UI Stead Family Children's Hospital have announced the 13 Kid Captains for the Hawkeyes' 2018 football season.
The children are either current or former patients at the hospital in Iowa City.
This is the 10th year for the Kid Captain program, which started in 2009 to honor pediatric patients and celebrate their stories. This year’s Kid Captains were selected from 292 nominations from six states.
The 2018 Kid Captains are (L-R in above photo):
- Gwen White, 10, West Burlington, Iowa vs. Northern Illinois, 9/1/2018
- Harper Stribe, 6, Polk City, Iowa vs. Iowa State, 9/8/2018
- Quinn Stumpf, 6, Riverside, Iowa vs. UNI, 9/15/2018
- Kiersten Mann, 14, Ankeny, Iowa vs. Wisconsin, 9/22/2018
- Ean Gorsh, 9, North English, Iowa vs. Minnesota, 10/6/2018
- Mason Zabel, 2, Independence, Iowa vs. Indiana, 10/13/2018
- Christopher Turnis, 13, Dubuque, Iowa vs. Maryland, 10/20/2018
- Noah Hodgins, 9, Cedar Rapids, Iowa vs. Penn State, 10/27/2018
- Harper Still, 3, Bedford, Iowa vs. Purdue, 11/3/2018
- Mason Gonzalez, 7, Jesup, Iowa vs. Northwestern, 11/9/2018
- Livia Jackson, 10, Glenwood, Iowa vs. Illinois, 11/17/2018
- Garret Schuster, 10, Epworth, Iowa vs. Nebraska, 11/23.2018
- Gabe Graber, 13, Prairie City, Post Season
All Kid Captains and their families will be invited to Kids Day at Kinnick Stadium on Aug. 11, 2018 for a special behind-the-scenes tour. Each child’s story will be highlighted during the football season.