IOWA CITY, Iowa -- The University of Iowa women’s golf team released its 2018-19 schedule, head coach Megan Menzel announced Wednesday. The slate features the Diane Thomason Invitational in Iowa City at Finkbine Golf Course on Sept. 29-30.
- The 10-meet regular season schedule includes five invites during the fall and five during the spring season.
- The Diane Thomason Invite returns to Finkbine Golf Course for the first time since 2015. Iowa will look to defend its 2015 team title on Sept. 29-30.
- Iowa opens the 2018-19 slate in Albuquerque, New Mexico, at the Branch Law Firm Invitational (Sept. 10-11). Last season, Shawn Rennegarbe tied for 33rd overall with a three-round total of 221 (+5) -- a career-best finish.
- The Hawkeyes travel to Mexico twice. Iowa will compete in the Battle at the Beach tournament in Cabo San Lucas on Nov. 2-4 before hosting the third annual Hawkeye El-Tigre Invite in Puerto Vallarta on March 21-23.
- The Hawkeyes head to Knoxville, Tennessee, for the Mercedes Benz Collegiate Championship. Last year, junior Kristin Glesne had a career-low 54-hole score of 218 (+5).
- Iowa treks to Dallas for the second consecutive year to participate in the Bruzzy Challenge (April 1-2). Last year, freshman Rachel Fujitani finished with a three-round score of 229 (+13) to tie for 13th-- a career-high finish.
- For the third straight year, the Big Ten Championships will be hosted in Cincinnati on April 23-25.
- The NCAA National Championships will be held in Fayetteville, Arkansas, on May 17-22.
The Hawkeyes return seven letterwinners for the 2018-19 season. To view the complete schedule, click here.