The University of Iowa softball team travels to Fullerton, California, for the Judi Garman Classic on Friday-Sunday. The Hawkeyes open the weekend against Stanford on Friday at 2:30 p.m. (CT). Iowa will face the host Titans at 9:30 p.m. to finish the opening day of tournament play. Saturday, the Hawkeyes take on Cal Poly at 2 p.m. and UL Lafayette at 7:30 p.m. Iowa wraps up action Sunday at 11 a.m. against Baylor.
Four Hawkeyes hit .300 or better at the Texas A&M Invitational from Feb. 16-18. Junior Mallory Kilian led the Hawkeyes at the plate with a .455 average. Senior Sarah Kurtz followed, hitting .417, while sophomore Brooke Rozier hit .400. Freshman Aralee Bogar rounded out the group, hitting .353.
- Three Hawkeyes threw complete games at the Texas A&M Invitational: freshman Lauren Shaw, sohpomore Allison Doocy, and junior Erin Riding.
- On Friday, Doocy (2-2) allowed just two hits in Iowa’s 2-1 victory over Tulsa. The Ankeny, Iowa native tied a career-best 10 strikeouts in the game.
- Riding (1-0) threw a five inning run rule performance on Saturday against Butler. She gave up two hits and no walks in the 8-0 win.
- Shaw wrapped up the weekend with an 11-3 triumph over Tulsa on Sunday. She allowed just three runs on three hits and an error.
- Aralee Bogar had three hits, three runs, four stolen bases, and a .250 batting average in her first four games in black and gold. She also had a .333 slugging percentage and a .308 on-base percentage.
- In week two action, Bogar improved to six hits, four runs, and a .353 batting average.
- She is currently tied for 21st in the nation with seven stolen bases in nine games played.