Two Displaced in Cedar Rapids House Fire


CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG-TV9) -- A family and their dog won't be able to stay in their home Tuesday night, after a fire caused a lot of damage. And it's all because of food left cooking on a stove.

Firefighters saw smoke and flames showing when they responded to a home at 3922 Terrace Hill Drive Northeast just after 3 p.m.

The Cedar Rapids Fire Department says someone returned home and found the fire already going. Two adults, a juvenile and a dog were able to get out before crews arrived on scene.

The home sustained significant fire and water damage in the kitchen, as well as heat and smoke damage throughout. The Fire Department does say there were no working smoke alarms.

The American Red Cross is helping the family.


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content