CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG-TV9) -- Some Iowa schools have been selected as a 2018 Military Friendly School by a military media firm.
The list made by Victory Media honors the top 20 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools working to ensure the academic success of military service members, veterans and spouses.
More than 1,300 schools participated and 849 were given the recognition.
The 17 Iowa schools on the list exhibit leading practices in recruitment and retention and have programs and policies supporting those who served.
A list of the Iowa schools who received the designation can be found below.
- Buena Vista University
- Clarke University
- Ellsworth Community College
- Graceland University
- Hawkeye Community College
- Iowa Central Community College
- Iowa Lakes Community College-Emmetsburg
- Iowa State University
- Mount Mercy University
- North Iowa Area Community College
- Northeast Iowa Area Community College
- Simpson College
- St. Ambrose Unviersity
- University of Dubuque
- University of Northern Iowa
- Upper Iowa University
- Wartburg College