8 jalapeño peppers
1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
32 frozen tots
8 bacon strips, halved crosswise (to make 16 strips)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Halve the jalapeños lengthwise, trying to keep the stem intact on both halves (this is easier to do if you start slicing at the stem end). Remove and discard the seeds and ribs.
3. Spread about a tablespoon of cream cheese into each jalapeño half. Place 2 tots, end to end, on top of the cream cheese.
4. Wrap a bacon strip around the center of each jalapeño half, aligning the strip so that the center covers the space where the tots meet, and wraps around to touch at the bottom of the jalapeño.
5. Place the jalapeños, filling-side up, on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet and bake until the bacon is cooked through and the jalapeños are tender, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
CHICKEN VEGGIE DIP
1 12 oz can white meat chicken
8 oz cream cheese, softened
¾ cup sour cream
1 pkg dry vegetable or onion soup mix
1 can water chestnuts – chopped
¼ cup onions, chopped
Black pepper to taste
1 tsp WOR sauce
Mix and chill. Spread on stale baguette, crackers or crisp veggies!
KUNG PAO HOT DOGS-From Dan Whalen at www.TheFoodInMyBeard.com
There are three components to this recipe:
KUNG PAO RELISH
2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
1 cup Chopped Onion
1 cup Chopped Carrot
1 cup Chopped Celery
2 cloves Garlic grated
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Honey
1 teaspoon Chile Powder
DOGS AND TOPPINGS
6 split top hot dog buns
6 Hot Dogs
chopped roasted peanuts
sliced thai chiles
SESAME SRIRACHA MAYO
1/4 cup Mayo
2 tablespoons Sriracha
1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
1 tablespoon Mustard
1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
1 Lime juice
Mix the mayo ingredients and set aside in the fridge.
Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil to a pan along with a splash of the sesame oil. Cook the onion, carrot, and celery on very high heat to brown around the edges, about 5 minutes, seasoning with a pinch of salt.
Turn the heat to medium, add another splash of sesame oil and add in the garlic and ginger. Cook 1 minute.
Add in the vinegar, and stir to deglaze. Mix in the rest of the sesame oil, along with the soy sauce, honey, and chile powder. Stir well and simmer for 2 minutes until it is thick like a paste. Remove from heat.
Griddle the hot dog buns with butter to toast. Cook the hot dogs to brown.
Put the hot dogs into the buns and add the kung pao paste. Top with the peanuts, scallions, and hot peppers, and then some mayo.