The University of Iowa soccer team will conclude its three-game home stand, hosting Nebraska on Thursday at 7 p.m. (CT) at the Iowa Soccer Complex. The Hawkeyes round out the weekend with a road game in East Lansing, facing Michigan State on Sunday at noon at the DeMartin Soccer Complex (CT).
• Both games will be streamed online via BTN+ -- a paid subscription service.
• Live stats for both contests will be available on hawkeyesports.com.
• Fans can follow the Iowa soccer program on Twitter (@HawkeyeSoccer) for live game updates.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Iowa’s 10-win season is the eighth in school history and the second under head coach Dave DiIanni. Iowa won 14 games during DiIanni’s first season in 2014.
• The Hawkeyes are receiving votes in the latest United Soccer Coaches poll. Iowa has 13 votes, putting it in 29th place in the rankings.
• Iowa tied a school record, winning its first nine games of the 2019 season. The Hawkeyes also started 9-0-0 in 2013.
• The Hawkeyes fell 2-1 to Northwestern on Sept. 29, despite out-shooting the Wildcats, 25-7. It was Iowa’s first home loss since Oct. 21, 2017.
• Iowa had the highest ranking in school history, coming in at No. 19 by United Soccer Coaches on Sept. 17 and 21st by TopDrawerSoccer on Sept. 16.
• The Hawkeyes have scored a Big Ten-best 31 goals through the first 12 games of the 2019 season. The figure is tied for fourth nationally.
• Iowa has already surpassed its 2018 win total (8-7-3).
• Iowa is 2-0-0 this season against ACC foes, defeating No. 14 NC State, 1-0, on Sept. 6 and Notre Dame, 3-2, on Sept. 15. The victory over the Wolfpack was the team’s third-highest rated opponent Iowa has defeated in school history.